Each academic year, the Dean of Arts & Humanities constitutes a student advisory board. Membership on the Arts & Humanities Student Board is an exciting opportunity for undergraduates to develop programs and initiatives for our student community and contribute directly to the mission of the arts and humanities at Harvard.
The Board is a collaborative group of individuals who work with the Dean to explore pressing issues of student interest; conceive of and plan events, projects, and publications for the Division of Arts & Humanities; and engage in conversations about the future of the humanities at a high level.
Being a member of the Board involves:
- Regular attendance at (virtual) Board meetings every 4-6 weeks;
- Conscientious reflection and contribution during conversations with the Dean;
- Contributing to the research and writing of advisory reports for the Dean on a number of issues related to student experiences on campus and in the curriculum;
- Creating original posts for the Arts & Humanities Instagram channel (@Harvard.Arts.Hum), exploring student experiences in the arts and humanities on campus, and advising on communications strategies for the Division;
- Promoting Arts & Humanities events and publications to student audiences (House mailing lists, student networks)
Please note that the Board is on hiatus in 2020-21.